Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring and Summer Nights

Swimsuits, sunny days, short skirts, song birds, nature trails, extended hours, and better oranges.

These are a few of my favorite things about spring/summer but now that I spend a whole lot of time in the library as opposed to outdoors experiencing the warmth I've grown a new appreciation for the spring and summer nights. The sights and sounds are soothing, which is especially nice after spending hours in the library thinking, "books and notes are so lame I'd like to chop them into millions of pieces and make millions of tiny paper fighter jets that would shoot each other down leaving only one plane as the victor. To celebrate the victory the lone plane will be shrouded in flames, the smoke inhaled. The contents of the gases will be absorbed into my blood which will eventually make its way to my brain, pass the blood brain barrier, and be exchanged for metabolic waste. This way the knowledge contained within the letters on the piece of paper which was made into the victorious fighter jet will be absorbed into my brain for recall later. Obviously this will be the most important tidbit of info from my notes, otherwise the plane wouldn't have won, it just makes sense."

I oft make multiple laps around campus on my way back from the library at night to experience serenity and clear my head which apparently is a healthy decision.

2 comments:

  1. I love the imagery you produce with the paper planes, kind of distracted and half trance-like if that makes any sense.

    I enjoyed it at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to imagine I could transfer information from books into my head by osmosis. Just fall asleep with your face on the book and the information will imprint itself in your head.

    Yeah, watch out for the drool or you'll end up with a) a ruined library book and b) paper print on your face.

    x

    ReplyDelete